Thursday 2 August 2012

Dyers Market Marrakech

One early sunny morning I decided to grab my camera and head for the Dyers market deep in the souks of the Medina, Marrakech. It certainly did not disappoint as expected the sights were amazing and it was one of the highlights of my trip.
Scattered around the market were rows of bowls containing natural powdered dyes. One of the guides pointed out to the colours, henna, indigo, mascara, poppy flower, saffron and more that I wish I could remember. What intrigued me the most was that these colours were not what they seemed to be, the guide took a moistened torn piece of paper and dipped it into one of the bowls. The metallic green changed to fuschia pink, the rust turned to cobalt blue amazing.....
After seeing the dying process I was then taken to a roof top and was overwhelmed by the sight of the endless looped newly-dyed wool hanging out to dry on racks in the sunlight.
I hope you all enjoy these beautiful images.....
















2 comments:

  1. I loved all of these posts. A lot of these things we have, but I got some really great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Marrakech is one of my favourite places in the world! so magical,
    do you live in Morocco?
    Please send me a link to your company,
    Kind regards,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete